Thursday, May 17, 2007

Red Wings Hockey

I am rooting for the Redwings to beat the Ducks tonight and move one game closer to the Stanley Cup finals. Their style of play reminds me of the tight defensive minded games you saw before the strike upended the NHL.

However, the Ducks are at home, most likely very angry about the 5-0 loss on Tuesday, and they are tough. I just hope Holmstrom doesn't suffer like he did in game three. Yikes. (As a side note I thought it was remarkable that there were NO fights in the third quarter of that game. Wasn't that SOP in the old days when there was a blowout? Get everyone fired up for the next game? Ask yourself, What Would Claude Lemieux Do?)

In the eastern series it was good that Buffalo finally got a game, but I think the Sens will take the series. Then it will be The Entire Nation of Canada vs. Hockeytown in the finals!