Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Obama is to Awesome as Palin is to ?

Just so it doesn't get lost in the noise of this week's creepfest, let me be the last to point out how great Obama was last week. The speech in Denver really killed, and I've been seeing the enthusiasm gap both in Colorado and on my Labor day visit to my home state of Ohio grow substantially. Democrats love Barack. Republicans grudgingly endorse McCain.

I don't have anything to add to the great Palin debate except that she's every Republican man's ideal third wife and that's going to win her almost all of her support. Hillary voters, not so much. My only complaint about her is that she supports a lot of godawful Alaskan final frontier nonsense, including wolf hunting by air which serves no purpose and is sort of morally reprehensible in ways that should only remind us of Dick Cheney. So there's that.

For information about wolves, check out the Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center, an organization that's even supported by my Republican neighbors.