Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lost Finale Tonight

Tonight is the season finale for Lost, and I expect that at the very least we will be seeing the last of the time travel scenarios. Beyond that I have no idea what's going to happen. But here's a few things I'll be looking for:
  • Jacob: either his identity, or the nature of whatever he or it actually is.
  • The hydrogen bomb: it will explode. Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen.
  • The statue: tall in the past, fragmentary in the future. The result of the bomb, or something else?
  • Rose and Bernhard: I'm not convinced they're important to the mythology of the show, but how can you not like them?
  • Everyone will die, or at least appear to die (per Richard's comment from last week).
Things I'm hoping for:
  • Some hint about Claire and Christian, but that feels like wishful thinking.
  • The origin of the Others and how it relates to the Black Rock.
But overall I'll take what I can get. This season has been nearly perfect, and I'm not gonna complain -- except to note that season 6 is six months away.