Monday, April 02, 2007

The Real 10 Reasons You're Not Rich

I looked at the 10 Reasons I'm Not Rich but couldn't find any that apply to me. The main problem as I see it is that I work for living. No one ever got rich doing that.

Here are my other suggestions:

  1. Neither my mother nor grandmother is the Queen of England.
  2. No one in my family is a member of the House of Saud.
  3. Neither my father or his friends has helped me get started in the oil industry or helped me buy a baseball team.
  4. I've never been very good at baseball, football, or basketball. I am not good-looking. I have never been in an action movie.
  5. My family does not own a large hotel chain, nor was I ever a child star.
  6. I have never had the opportunity to manipulate the share prices of a Fortune 500 company through various deceptive practices.
  7. I have not taken European folktales and turned them into copyrighted properties from which I can profit from now until doomsday.
  8. I have not yet been able to take open-source software, rewrite it under my own name, and drive my more innovative competitors into the dirt.
  9. I have not yet been able to take my love of b-movies, comic books, and foreign cinema, rewrite the stories for children, and make a mint through toy licensing.
  10. I have never profited from the unskilled labor of poor people in the third world, nor have I ever stolen their natural resources or land.